Wednesday 11 September 2013

Pretty Little Sneakers

Buenos días fellow lacquer lovers! It's been a quiet few days here in Casa Lacquer but my obsession with photographing every nail design I create means that I have a great backlog of designs to share with you all. Today's is a design I distinctly remember earning me a lot of compliments from the girls on my uni course and one that can lend itself to almost every colour to match any mood...
Yep. Converse-esque nails. I love, love, love this nail design and think it's so versatile. The rocker could opt for vibrant reds and deep purples or blacks, the girly girl could opt for a baby pink or lilac and the adventurous ones among you could even try patterned bases to these sneaker themed nails (I've just given myself a fabulous idea there, haha).

If you're wanting to create sneaker nails, you will need the following basic colours:
- Any colour(s) you like for the base (i.e. for the actual shoe). I went for pastel colours here but you could choose absolutely anything and make it work for you.
- Patent/plain white (for the tip of the shoe and the laces)
- Patent/plain black (for the lace holes and the line across the lip of the shoe)

If you have any questions, you can leave me a comment below or tweet me @rachelizabethxo. I would LOVE to hear from you and find out your thoughts!

Happy painting!

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow lacquer lovers so please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments or questions about my post and I will always get back to you when I can :-)